Health in the west is often seen as the absence of disease. This essentially separates us from a process of being well, believing that illness is not important as long as it is not there. I prefer to address health from the perspective of wholeness, awareness, individualism and vitality:
- Health must be on all levels – physical, mental, emotional and spiritual. Symptoms are mirrored on all levels.
- Symptoms are messages from the body, telling us that something is not right! By understanding our symptoms we learn why we have become ill and where we need to address issues or make changes in our lives.
- Each individual responds to change and expresses symptoms in a unique way and treatment must therefore be tailored to the individual.
- The body has an intrinsic vitality and ability to be well – homeopathic remedies can help to stimulate a return to this state.
The Hindi word Swasthya broadly means health but, more than that, it is ‘the one who has settled within himself, the one who has reached himself…the one who is able to stand within himself’ – Osho: From Medication to Meditation.
Health can be seen as the ‘ability to do what we want to’. The journey to health is one of learning, accepting ourselves in our totality, growing and reaching our fullest potential in life. Troublesome feelings, symptoms or simply feeling ‘stuck in a rut’ are indications that there are blocks or imbalances. I work with my clients to overcome these and achieve what they really want.
Carefully chosen homeopathic remedies and flower essences are intrinsic to and facilitate the process. The remedies are:
- A tool for change, acting as a bridge, enhancing realisation and allowing you to access your inner understandings.
- A catalyst for you to find the strength to make changes.
- A message to the body, enabling the it to restore itself to health.
- Holistic: homeopathy works on all levels because the physical body cannot be separated from the emotional, mental or esoteric aspects of ourselves.
So often we live out of harmony with our bodies, ignoring their natural capabilities, rhythms and innate wisdom. We can learn from our bodies and also from accepting the parts of ourselves we would rather did not exist. I work with shadow, exploration and realisation to allow clients to become conscious – to take control of their health and to learn from and heal the past without dwelling in it.
My approach is empathic, non-judgemental, unconditional and supportive. The consultation is a safe space for you in which you can explore your health. We will work together and with the homeopathic remedies to allow you the freedom from your symptoms and to enjoy your life.