Gut Health Course (6 weeks)
Starting 16th April: midday every Friday for an hour.
Booking now at the Trafford House Calm Centre.
You can see the brief introduction I did on Gut Health here.
This practical course will give you applicable gut health information so you can improve your wellbeing as well as your knowledge. It includes a PDF summary of the session each week. I want to be responsive to your requests but the broad outline is as follows:
Week 1: The role of gut bacteria in hormone production, immune response, emotional wellbeing, weight and digestion.
- What ‘gut bacteria’ are.
- Why they are important in the body.
- The functions that they perform in maintaining our physical and emotional wellbeing.
Week 2: The vagus nerve
- What it is.
- Why it is important.
- How to look after it.
Week 3: Threats to a healthy microbiome and how to identify that there are problems.
- How diet, medications and other factors affect our gut bacteria.
- Comparing our microbiome to those in people who live a more traditional lifestyle.
- Some indicators that your microbiome may be out of balance.
Week 4: Emotional aspects to gut issues.
- The link between emotions and physical health.
- Understaning the emotional aspects of different parts of the digestive system.
- How emotional health affects gut bacteria diversity and vice versa.
Week 5: Restoring the microbiome.
- Providing the right environment for a thriving microbiome.
- Reintroducing healthy gut bacteria.
- Feeding your bacterial allies.
- Nutrition, fermented food, pre, pro and post biotics.
- Feingold and GAPs approaches.
Week 6: Using herbs and homeopathy to support good gut health.
- Using homeopathic remdies to support gut health.
- The role of digestive bitters in gut health.
- Using plants to feed our gut bacteria and help manage gut issues.
Talks, Courses and other Events
Please see costs for information on my fees.
As well as working at events, I run courses on various homeopathic and health related subjects, give talks to groups such as spiritual development groups, WIs, gardening groups, Probus or women’s groups and hold short workshops on topics to suit the audience as requested.
I run courses which can be tailored to your requirements. Examples of these include:
- Basic homeopathy for treating family and friends
- Homeopathic first aid
- Homeopathy for pregnancy and birth
- Homeopathy for travelling abroad
- Homeopathy for babies and children
Courses can be varied in length, subject and level of detail. Please contact me to discuss your preferences and needs.
Short, evening workshops (8 – 9pm) held at the Centre for Wellbeing in Great Malvern, covering a range of topics including:
- PMT and the stresses of life
- Coughs and sneezes
- Energy for life.
If you would like me to run a workshop for your group then please contact me to discuss topics and timings.
I offer a variety of talks to women’s groups, gardening groups, spiritual gatherings, ante-natal groups and others. Subjects have included:
- Cures from the garden
- Lessons from plants
- Homeopathy for health
- Homeopathic first aid
- Homeopathy for pregnancy and childbirth
- The history of homeopathy: from purges to provings
- Natural remedies for women
- Homeopathy for mind, body and spirit.
“I must admit I was a bit sceptical of the subject…however, I`m glad I did book you. I have had very positive feed back from our members. There was a member of ours in your audience who was in the health care as a professional who praised your presentation.” Ray Gavin of the Worcester East Probus Group
Talks open to the public in 2013:
- Buttercups Connections: Exploring the Celtic Year – 21st February
- AquariusSevern: Equinox Celebration – 21st March
- The Fold: Beltane Celebration – 1st May
I have given talks to the following groups:
- Buttercups Connections
- Worcestershire Organic Gardening Group
- Worcester East Probus Group
- Malvern Rotary Club
- Worcester Ladies’ Club
- Malvern Ladies’ Luncheon Club
- Malvern Probus Group
- North Cotswolds Homeopathic Group
- South Worcestershire MS Group
Please do contact me if you are interested in a talk and would like to discuss topics to suit your group.
I work with the Travelling Homeopaths Collective, offering treatment for acute conditions at various events and festivals throughout the summer.